God has a huge heart for children - it's clear in His Word. Have you taken time to invest into the next generation of believers? If not, now is a great time to consider these free ways to support your kids ministry.
ONE: PRAY FOR THEM.
The leaders in your kid's ministry are the hands and feet of Jesus as they teach and care for the children in your church’s ministry.
SPECIFIC THINGS TO PRAY FOR:
- Pray for them as they prepare the lessons.
- Pray for them to be surrounded by community that supports them.
- Pray for them to have the energy and health they need to lead well.
Children are so important to God.
Volunteering in your church's children's ministry gives you the opportunity to not only practice sharing your faith, but also pour into the next generation.
Already serving on Sunday mornings?
Ask your children's minister if there is a time during the week that you could come in and help prepare their space for Sundays.
Write a note to your children's minister or child's Sunday School teacher. Words of affirmation to show that they are seen and loved go a long way - especially because a lot of their Kingdom work are small, planted seeds that go unrecognized.
THINGS TO TELL THEM:
- My son/daughter knows Jesus better because of your efforts to show up week in and week out for the kids of this ministry.
- I have been praying for you and the ministry in these specific ways.
- My son/daughter gave their heart to Jesus and I wanted to thank you for the time and energy you pour into them each week to disciple them as their faith grows.