Today, we will be making a beautiful paper crown using a plain paper plate. Let your little ones fully embrace their royal identity as children of God!
Supply and Tool List:
- Plain paper plate
- Markers, crayons, or colored pencils (assorted colors)
- Plastic gems or sequins
- Hot glue gun (parental supervision required)
- Straightedge (ruler or any straight object)
Step 1: Prepare Your Workstation
Find a comfortable and well-lit area where you and your child can unleash your creativity. Lay out all the supplies within reach, ensuring a clutter-free space for easy crafting.
Step 2: Shaping the Crown
Fold the paper plate in half. Use a ruler or straightedge to make 3 lines dividing your folded plate into fourths, stopping about an inch and a half from the edge.
Step 3: Cutting the Lines
With the plate still folded, cut along the 3 lines you drew. Unfold your plate and cut along the two fold lines, stopping about an inch and a half from the edge of the plate.
Step 4: Decorate with Colors
Now comes the fun part! Using an array of colorful markers, invite your child to decorate their crown. They can draw patterns, symbols, or even write inspiring words on each section of the crown.
Step 5: Add Sparkle and Shine
Take the plastic gems or sequins and use a hot glue gun (parental supervision required) to attach them to the crown.
Step 6: Fit for Royalty
Once the glue has dried, carefully fold the points of the crown up along the edge where your cuts end.
Step 7: Reigning in Joy
Encourage your child to proudly wear their handmade crown and let their imagination soar as they view themselves as sons and daughters of the King of Kings.
Here are a few simple conversation starters you can use to imagine Heaven together!
- “What do you think it would be like to be the son or daughter of the most powerful King there ever was? How do you think that will be similar to what we experience in Heaven?”
- ”In Revelation 21:4, it says that in Heaven, there will be no more crying, pain, or sadness. How does that make you feel? What do you think it will be like to live in a place without any of those things?”
- “How can we live our lives now in a way that shows our hope and excitement of being with God and Jesus forever in Heaven?”
May these crowns serve as a visual reminder of the joyful reign we will experience with God in Heaven.